DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,952,340
|Title:||Use of granisetron for the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to a method for the treatment of post-operative nausea and vomiting wherein granisetron is administered to a patient in need thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Sanger; Gareth John (Sawbridgeworth, GB), Davey; Philip Timothy (Bishop's Stortford, GB), Dott; Christopher Stuart (Reigate, GB)|
|Assignee:||SmithKLine Beecham p.l.c. (Brentford, GB)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,952,340|
1. A method of treatment of post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV) in mammals, including man, by administration of granisetron to the mammal in need thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the granisetron is adapted for intravenous administration.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein granisetron is administered in a 1 mg to 3 mg unit dose.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein granisetron is administered pre-operatively, peri-operatively; or post-operatively.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein granisetron is administered pre-operatively.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein from about 1 mg to about 3 mg of granisetron is administered pre-operatively.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein from about 1 mg to about 3 mg of granisetron is administered peri-operatively.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein from about 1 mg to about 3 mg of granisetron is administered post-operatively.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.