Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition is disclosed which contains a compound of formula I: ##STR1## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, prodrug or hydrate thereof, in the stabilized form and/or in combination with a carbon dioxide source.|
|Inventor(s):||Zimmerman; Jeffrey A. (Chalfont, PA), Williams; John M. (Belle Mead, NJ), Bergquist; Paul A. (Collegeville, PA), DiMichele; Lisa M. (Berkeley Heights, NJ), DuBost; David C. (Collegeville, PA), Kaufman; Michael J. (New Hope, PA), Sidler; Daniel R. (Whitehouse Station, NJ), Hunke; William A. (Harleysville, PA)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
1. A compound represented by the formula II: ##STR8## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, prodrug or hydrate thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition which is comprised of a compound represented by formula II: ##STR9## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, prodrug or hydrate thereof, in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. A compound in accordance with claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt is selected from the group consisting of: ##STR10## wherein X.sup.+ represents a pharmaceutically acceptable cationic group.
4. A method of stabilizing a carbapenem of the formula I: ##STR11## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, prodrug or hydrate thereof, comprising adding to the compound a sufficient amount of a carbon dioxide source to form a compound of formula II: ##STR12## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, prodrug or hydrate thereof.
5. A method in accordance with claim 4 wherein the carbon dioxide source is selected from carbon dioxide, sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate.
6. A method in accordance with claim 5 wherein the carbon dioxide source is selected from sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.