Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Polyol esters, their preparation and use in depot forms of pharmacologically active agents|
|Abstract:||This invention provides a polyester of a polyol, said polyol containing at least 3 hydroxyl groups and having a molecular weight of up to 20,000 at least 1 hydroxyl group in said polyol being in the form of an ester, with a poly- or co-poly-lactic acid residue, each having a molecular weight of at least from 5,000. These are useful for parenteral depot formulations.|
|Inventor(s):||Brich; Zdenek (Binningen, CH), Kissel; Thomas (Ehrenkirchen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A branched polyglycolide lactide ester of glucose, having a molecular weight of from 20,000 to 200,000.
2. The ester of glucose of claim 1 having a molecular weight of 20,000 to 80,000.
3. A formulation comprising a matrix of said ester of glucose of claim 1 and a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmacologically active agent.
4. A formulation of claim 3 wherein said active agent is selected from the group consisting of bromocriptine, ketotifen and co-dergocrine.
5. A formulation of claim 3 wherein said formulation is in implant form.
6. A formulation of claim 3 wherein said formulation is in microcapsule form.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.