Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Oral 2-methyl-thieno-benzodiazepine formulation|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a pharmaceutically acceptable solid oral formulation of olanzapine and a process for making such formulation.|
|Inventor(s):||Cochran; George Randall (Indianapolis, IN), Morris; Tommy Clifford (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A solid oral formulation comprising olanzapine, wherein the formulation is coated with a polymer selected from hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, hydroxyethyl cellulose, methyl
hydroxyethyl cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate, methyl acrylate acid ester copolymer, ethyl acrylate-methyl methacrylate copolymer, methyl cellulose, and ethyl
2. The formulation of claim 1 wherein the polymer is hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, methyl cellulose, or ethyl cellulose.
3. A formulation of claim 2 wherein the polymer is hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
4. A formulation of claim 1 wherein the coating is free of propylene glycol.
5. A formulation of claim 4 wherein the bulking agent in the formulation is lactose.
6. A formulation of claim 4 wherein the binder in the formulation is hydroxypropyl cellulose and the disintegrant is crospovidone.
7. A formulation of claim 1 wherein the dry binder in the formulation is microcrystalline cellulose.
8. A formulation of claim 1 wherein the lubricant in the formulation is magnesium stearate.
9. A formulation of claim 3 wherein the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose coating is further coated with an aqueous dispersion film coat.
10. A formulation of claim 9 wherein the solid formulation is imprinted using an edible ink.
11. A formulation of claim 9 wherein the formulation comprises from about 1 to about 3% w/w olanzapine; from about 69.5 to about 87.5% w/w lactose; from about 3.5 to about 4.5% w/w hydroxypropyl cellulose; from about 4 to about 6% w/w crospovidone; from about 9 to about 11% w/w microcrystalline cellulose; and from about 0.25 to 1% magnesium stearate.
12. A formulation of claim 1 wherein the solid formulation is a tablet.
13. A formulation of claim 12 wherein each tablet provides a 1, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, or 20 mg dose of olanzapine.
14. A formulation of claim 1 wherein the solid formulation is in the form of granules.
15. A solid formulation of claim 1 wherein the formulation is for use in treating a condition selected from psychosis, schizophrenia, a schizophriform disorder, mild anxiety, a gastrointestinal disorder, and acute mania.
16. A formulation of claim 12 wherein each tablet provides a 25 mg dose of olanzapine.
17. The formulation of claim 1 wherein the olanzapine is substantially in the form of the Form II polymorph.
18. A process for preparing a formulation of claim 1 comprising high shear aqueous wet granulation with fluid bed drying.
19. The process of claim 18 wherein the olanzapine is substantially in the form of the Form II polymorph.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.