Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Antiviral activity and resolution of 2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane|
|Abstract:||A method and composition for the treatment of HIV and HBV infections in humans is disclosed that includes administering an effective amount of 2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane, a pharmaceutically acceptable derivative thereof, including a 5' or N.sup.4 alkylated or acylated derivative, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier. A process for the resolution of a racemic mixture of nucleoside enantiomers is also disclosed that includes the step of exposing the racemic mixture to an enzyme that preferentially catalyzes a reaction in one of the enantiomers.|
|Inventor(s):||Liotta; Dennis C. (Stone Mountain, GA), Schinazi; Raymond F. (Decatur, GA), Choi; Woo-Baeg (North Brunswick, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Emory University (Atlanta, GA)|
1. A derivative of .beta.-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane of the formula:
wherein R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, acetyl, propionyl, butyryl, and pentanoyl and R.sub.2 is hydrogen.
2. The mono, di, or trihosphate ester of .beta.-2-Hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane.
3. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is butpryl and R.sub.2 is hydrogen.
4. A physiologically acceptable salt of .beta.-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount to treat HIV in humans of a physiologically acceptable salt of .beta.-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount to treat HIV in humans of the mono-, di- or triphosphate ester of .beta.-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane.
7. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount to treat HIV in humans of the acetyl, propionyl, butyryl, or pentanoyl ester of .beta.-2-hydroxymethyl-5-(5-fluorocytosin-1-yl)-1,3-oxathiolane.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.