Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||8-alkoxyquinolonecarboxylic acid hydrate with excellent stability and process for producing the same|
|Abstract:||The invention provides 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4- dihydro-8-methoxy-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxo-3- quinolinecarboxylic acid sesquihydrate with excellent stability represented by a following formula (1), ##STR1## and process for producing the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Matsumoto; Toyomi (Kamiina-gun, JP), Hara; Masamoto (Okaya, JP), Miyashita; Kunio (Okaya, JP), Kato; Yukihiro (Okaya, JP)|
|Assignee:||Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. 1-Cyclopropyl-6- fluoro-1,4-dihydro-8-methoxy-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxo-3-quinolineca rboxylic acid sesquihydrate represented by a formula (1) ##STR4##
2. A process for producing the compound of claim 1, characterized in that an aqueous suspension of 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-8-methoxy-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4- oxo-3-quinolinecarboxylic acid is treated by heating under stirring.
3. The process of claim 2 wherein said aqueous suspension is heated at a temperature of 50.degree. to 100.degree. C.
4. The process of claim 3 wherein said temperature is 80.degree. to 90.degree. C.
5. The process of claim 2 wherein said aqueous suspension is at a pH in the range 6.0 to 8.0.
6. The process of claim 2 wherein said suspension is hot filtered at the same temperature at which it is treated.
7. The process of claim 6 wherein, after collecting a first crop of crystals, a second crop is obtained by cooling the filtrate to room temperature.
8. The process of claim 3 wherein, after collecting a first crop of crystals, a second crop is obtained by cooling the filtrate to room temperature.
9. The process of claim 2 wherein said aqueous suspension is the suspension obtained after neutralization in the acid-alkali recrystallization during the process of purifying said 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4 dihydro-8-methoxy-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxo-3-quinoline carboxylic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.