Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||An inhalation device is described for use with a medicament pack in which at least one container for medicament in powder form is defined between two sheets peelably secured to one another. The device comprises means for peeling the sheets apart at an opening station to open the container; and an outlet, communicating with the opened container, through which a user can inhale medicament in powder form from the opened container.|
|Inventor(s):||Davies; Michael Birsha (Ware, GB2), Hearne; David John (Luton, GB2), Rand; Paul Kenneth (Letchworth, GB2), Walker; Richard Ian (Ware, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (London, GB2)|
1. A medicament pack for use in an inhalation device, the pack comprising an elongate strip formed from a base sheet having a plurality of recesses spaced along its length and a lid
sheet hermetically but peelably sealed thereto to define a plurality of containers, each container having therein inhalable medicament in powder form.
2. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the strip is sufficiently flexible to be wound into a roll.
3. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the lid sheet and base sheet have leading end portions which are not sealed to one another.
4. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 3, wherein at least one of the said leading end portions is constructed to be attached to a winding means.
5. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the hermetic seal between the base and lid sheets extends over their whole width.
6. A medicament pack according to claim 1, wherein the lid sheet may be peeled from the base sheet in a longitudinal direction from a first end of the said base sheet.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.