|Title:|| Inhalation device|
|Abstract:||An inhalation device is described for use with a medicament pack in which at least one container for medicament in powder form is defined between two sheets peelably secured to one another. The device comprises means for peeling the sheets apart at an opening station to open the container; and an outlet, communicating with the opened container, through which a user can inhale medicament in powder form from the opened container.|
|Inventor(s):|| Davies; Michael Birsha (Ware, GB2), Hearne; David John (Luton, GB2), Rand; Paul Kenneth (Letchworth, GB2), Walker; Richard Ian (Ware, GB2) |
|Assignee:|| Glaxo Group Limited (London, GB2) |
1. A medicament pack for use in an inhalation device, the pack comprising an elongate strip formed from a base sheet having a plurality of recesses spaced along its length and a lid
sheet hermetically but peelably sealed thereto to define a plurality of containers, each container having therein inhalable medicament in powder form.
2. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the strip is sufficiently flexible to be wound into a roll.
3. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the lid sheet and base sheet have leading end portions which are not sealed to one another.
4. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 3, wherein at least one of the said leading end portions is constructed to be attached to a winding means.
5. A medicament pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the hermetic seal between the base and lid sheets extends over their whole width.
6. A medicament pack according to claim 1, wherein the lid sheet may be peeled from the base sheet in a longitudinal direction from a first end of the said base sheet.