Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Oral dosage form for treating migraine|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for oral adminstration comprising a film-coated solid dosage form including 3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-N-methyl-1H-indole-5-methanesulphonamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or solvate thereof as active ingredient. The film-coated solid dosage forms are of use in the treatment of conditions associated with cephalic pain, in particular migraine.|
|Inventor(s):||Phillips; Anthony John (Ware, GB3), Winterborn; Ian Keith (Mississauga, CA), Padfield; John Malcolm (Uxbridge, GB3)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (Greenford, GB2)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising a compressed film-coated tablet comprising a tablet core containing 25 to 200 mg of
3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-N-methyl-1H-indole-5-methanesulphonamide succinate (1:1) salt as active ingredient, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient and a film coating on said table core wherein the film coating is applied to the tablet
core in an amount of from 2 to 5% w/w of the tablet.
2. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 in the form of a compression tablet.
3. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the film coating comprises a polymer.
4. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 3 wherein the polymer is hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
5. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the composition comprises 50 to 100 mg of active ingredient.
6. A method of treating a man suffering from migraine which comprises administering the composition of claim 1 to the man.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.