DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,849,726
|Title:||Anhydrous alendronate monosodium salt formulations|
|Abstract:||Disclosed is a method for treating and preventing bone loss in patients by administering a formulation of anhydrous alendronate sodium. Also described is a pharmaceutical dosage form of said anhydrous alendronate sodium, being anhydrous 4-amino-1-hydroxy-butylidene-1,1-bisphosphonic acid, monosodium salt, in a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.|
|Inventor(s):||Brenner; Gerald S. (Norristown, PA), Ostovic; Drazen (Lansdale, PA), Oberholtzer, Jr.; Earl R. (Hatfield, PA), Thies; J. Eric (Scotch Plains, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,849,726|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically effective amount of anhydrous 4-amino-1-hydroxybutylidene-1,1-bisphosphonic acid monosodium salt in a
pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein said anhydrous 4-amino-1-hydroxybutylidene-1,1-bisphosphonic acid monosodium salt is present in the amount of 0.005 to 1.0 gram per gram of composition.
3. A method for treating and/or preventing bone loss in a subject, comprising administering to said subject in need thereof, the pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said subject is human.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein the bone loss is osteoporosis-related, due to disuse, age-related, related to steroid therapy, rheumatoid-related, related to Paget's disease, or related to cancer.
6. The method of claim 3, wherein the treatment is prophylactic.
7. The anhydrous form of 4-amino-1-hydroxybutylidene- 1,1-bisphosphonic acid monosodium salt.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.