DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,846,976
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the compound of formula (I), ##STR1## also known as 17.beta.-N-(2,5-bis(Trifluoromethyl))phenylcarbamoyl-4-aza-5.alpha.-andros t-1-en-3-one, solvates thereof, its preparation, intermediates used in its preparation, pharmaceutical formulations thereof and its use in the treatment of androgen responsive and mediated diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Batchelor; Kenneth William (Chapel Hill, NC), Frye; Stephen Vernon (Durham, NC), Dorsey, Jr.; George F. (Raleigh, NC), Mook, Jr.; Robert A. (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Wellcome Inc. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A method of treating an androgen responsive or mediate condition in a mammal suffering from said condition comprising administering to said mammal a safe and effective
amount of 17.beta.-N-(2,5-bis(Trifluoromethyl)) phenylcarbamoyl-4-aza-5.alpha.-andro st-1-en-3-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable solvate thereof.
2. A method of claim 1 wherein the androgen responsive or mediated condition is benign prostatic hypertrophy, prostate cancer, acne, male pattern baldness and hirsutism.
3. A method of treating an androgen responsive or mediated condition in a mammal suffering from said condition comprising administering to said mammal a safe and effective amount of a pharmaceutical formulation comprising a safe and effective amount of 17.beta.-N-(2,5-bis(Trifluoromethyl)) phenylcarbamoyl-4-aza-5.alpha.-androst-1-en-3-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable solvate thereof.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said formulation further comprises an alpha 1 adrengergic receptor blocker.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said formulation further comprises an anti-estrogen selected from the group consisting of: clomiphene and tamoxifen.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said anti-estrogen is tamoxifen.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein said formulation further comprises an anti-androgen.
8. The method of claim 6 wherein said anti-androgen is flutamide.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.