Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dosage form comprising oxybutynin|
|Abstract:||A composition comprising oxybutynin, a device comprising oxybutynin, and a method for administering oxybutynin are disclosed for oxybutynin therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Guittard; George V. (Cupertino, CA), Jao; Francisco (San Jose, CA), Marks; Susan M. (San Jose, CA), Kidney; David J. (Palo Alto, CA), Gumucio; Fernando (Santa Clara, CA)|
|Assignee:||ALZA Corporation (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A method for lessening the incidence of side-effects in a patient associated with the oral administration of a controlled-release dosage form tablet comprising oxybutynin, wherein
the method comprises administering said oxybutynin from the controlled-release dosage form tablet to the patient over twenty-four hours and thereby lessening the incidence of side effects.
2. A method for lessening side-effects and for avoiding peak concentrations of oxybutynin in the plasma in a patient by administering a dosage form tablet comprising oxybutynin, wherein the method comprises administering orally said dosage form tablet that administers oxybutynin in a controlled rate over twenty-four hours to the patient, and thereby lessens side effects and avoids peak concentrations of oxybutynin in the plasma of the patient.
3. A method for providing a continuous plasma oxybutynin concentration in a patient, wherein the method comprises administering orally a dosage form tablet comprising oxybutynin that is administered over twenty-four hours to the patient at a controlled and sustained rate to provide the desired plasma oxybutynin concentration.
4. A method for reducing peak plasma concentrations of oxybutynin administered for treating incontinence in a patient; wherein the method comprises administering a controlled-release dosage form tablet comprising oxybutynin orally to the patient over twenty four hours from the controlled-release dosage form tablet and thereby reduce peak plasma concentrations and treat the incontinence.
5. A method for governing the plasma concentrations of oxybutynin in a patient, wherein the method comprises administering orally a controlled-release dosage form tablet comprising oxybutynin that is administered from said controlled-release dosage form tablet over twenty-four hours to the patient to provide a plasma oxybutynin concentration of 4.2 to 6.7 ng/ml.
6. A method for reducing the concentration of desethyl-metabolite of oxybutynin in the plasma of a patient, wherein the method comprises administering orally to the patient oxybutynin from a controlled-release dosage form tablet over twenty-four hours and thereby reduce the concentration of the metabolite.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.