|Title:||Glycopeptide antibiotic derivatives|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides glycopeptide antibiotic derivative compounds. These derivative compounds possess antibacterial activity against a wide variety of bacteria, including activity against vancomycin-resistant isolates. Methods of making and using these glycopeptide antibiotic derivative compounds are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Cooper; Robin D. G. (Indianapolis, IN), Huff; Bret E. (Mooresville, IN), Nicas; Thalia I. (Indianapolis, IN), Quatroche; John T. (Indianapolis, IN), Rodriguez; Michael J. (Indianapolis, IN), Snyder; Nancy J. (Charlottesville, IN), Staszak; Michael A. (Indianapolis, IN), Thompson; Richard C. (Frankfort, IN), Wilkie; Stephen C. (Indianapolis, IN), Zweifel; Mark J. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR9## or a salt thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising 4 [4 chlorophenyl]benzyl-A82846B, wherein the 4-[4-chlorophenyl]benzyl is on the amino group of the 4 epi-vancosaminyl sugar of the 4-epi-vancosaminyl-O-glycosyl disaccharide or a salt thereof.
3. A method of treating a susceptible bacterial infection in an animal which comprises administering to the animal an antibacterially effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a composition of claim 2.
4. A method of claim 3 wherein the bacterial infection comprises vancomycin-resistant enteroccoci.
5. A process for the preparation of a compound of claim 1 which comprises
a) reacting A82846B with 4'-chlorobiphenylcarboxaldehyde in a polar solvent;
b) continuing the reaction until formation of a Schriff's base; and
c) reducing the Schiff's base by addition of a reducing agent.
6. A process for the preparation of a compound of claim 1 which comprises reacting A82846B with 4'-chlorobiphenylcarboxaldehyde in a polar solvent and in the presence of a reducing agent, for a time sufficient to produce a compound of claim 1.
7. A process of claim 6 wherein the reducing agent is sodium cyanoborohydride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.