|Title:|| Carbocyclic compounds|
|Abstract:||Novel carbocyclic compounds are described. The compounds generally comprise an acidic group, a basic group, a substituted amino or N-acyl and a group having an optionally hydroxylated alkane moiety. Pharmaceutical compositions comprising the inhibitors of the invention are also described. Methods of inhibiting neuraminidase in samples suspected of containing neuraminidase are also described. Antigenic materials, polymers, antibodies, conjugates of the compounds of the invention with labels, and assay methods for detecting neuraminidase activity are also described.|
|Inventor(s):|| Bischofberger; Norbert W. (San Carlos, CA), Kim; Choung U. (San Carlos, CA), Lew; Willard (San Mateo, CA), Liu; Hongtao (Foster City, CA), Williams; Matthew A. (Foster City, CA) |
|Assignee:|| Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA) |
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR74##
2. A compound of the formula: ##STR75##
3. A compound of claims 1 or 2 further comprising a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.
4. A method of inhibiting the activity of neuraminidase comprising the step of contacting a sample suspected of containing neuraminidase with a compound of claims 1 or 2.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the neuraminidase is influenza neuraminidase in vivo.
6. A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of influenza infection in a host comprising administering to the host a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claims 1 or 2.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the compound further comprises a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.