Generated: April 28, 2017
|Abstract:||Novel carbocyclic compounds are described. The compounds generally comprise an acidic group, a basic group, a substituted amino or N-acyl and a group having an optionally hydroxylated alkane moiety. Pharmaceutical compositions comprising the inhibitors of the invention are also described. Methods of inhibiting neuraminidase in samples suspected of containing neuraminidase are also described. Antigenic materials, polymers, antibodies, conjugates of the compounds of the invention with labels, and assay methods for detecting neuraminidase activity are also described.|
|Inventor(s):||Bischofberger; Norbert W. (San Carlos, CA), Kim; Choung U. (San Carlos, CA), Lew; Willard (San Mateo, CA), Liu; Hongtao (Foster City, CA), Williams; Matthew A. (Foster City, CA)|
|Assignee:||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR74##
2. A compound of the formula: ##STR75##
3. A compound of claims 1 or 2 further comprising a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.
4. A method of inhibiting the activity of neuraminidase comprising the step of contacting a sample suspected of containing neuraminidase with a compound of claims 1 or 2.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the neuraminidase is influenza neuraminidase in vivo.
6. A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of influenza infection in a host comprising administering to the host a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claims 1 or 2.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the compound further comprises a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.