DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,763,426
|Title:||Crystalline form of a vitamin D analogue|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to calcipotriol hydrate--a new crystalline form of calcipotriol--with superior technical properties and with superior stability.|
|Inventor(s):||Hansen; Erik Torngaard (Fredensborg, DK), Rastrup Andersen; Niels Smidt (Vanl.o slashed.se, DK), Ringborg; Lene Hoffmeyer (Br.o slashed.nsh.o slashed.j, DK)|
|Assignee:||Leo Pharmaceutical Products Ltd. (Ballerup, DE)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,763,426|
1. Calcipotriol monohydrate characterized by its storage stability at 40.degree. C. after 12 months, its ready wettability and wet ball milling characteristics.
2. Pharmaceutical composition containing the compound of claim 1.
3. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 which is a cream.
4. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 which is a gel.
5. Pharmaceutical composition according to any one of claim 4, with a content of the active component of 1-100 .mu.g/g of the composition.
6. The method of preparing calcipotriol monohydrate which comprises dissolving calcipotriol in organic solvent and then adding water to the resulting solution to precipitate the hydrate, said hydrate being characterized by its storage stability at 40.degree. C., its ready wettability and wet ball milling characteristics.
7. In the preparation of a gel formulation which involves wet ball milling a calcipotriol component and adding the wet milled calcipotriol component to a gel base, the improvement which comprises wet milling calcipotriol hydrate as said component and using this wet milled hydrate for addition to said gel base, said hydrate being characterized by its storage stability at 40.degree. C. after 12 months, its ready wettability and wet ball milling characteristics.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.