DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,760,069
|Title:||Method of treatment for decreasing mortality resulting from congestive heart failure|
|Abstract:||A method of treatment using a compound of Formula I: ##STR1## wherein: R.sub.1 is hydrogen, lower alkanoyl of up to 6 carbon atoms or aroyl selected from benzoyl and naphthoyl; R.sub.2 is hydrogen, lower alkyl of up to 6 carbon atoms or arylalkyl selected from benzyl, phenylethyl and phenylpropyl; R.sub.3 is hydrogen or lower alkyl of up to 6 carbon atoms; R.sub.4 is hydrogen or lower alkyl of up to 6 carbon atoms, or when X is oxygen, R.sub.4 together with R.sub.5 can represent --CH.sub.2 --O--; X is a valency bond, --CH.sub.2, oxygen or sulfur; Ar is selected from phenyl, naphthyl, indanyl and tetrahydronaphthyl; R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are individually selected from hydrogen, fluorine, chlorine, bromine, hydroxyl, lower alkyl of up to 6 carbon atoms, a --CONH.sub.2 -- group, lower alkoxy of up to 6 carbon atoms, benzyloxy, lower alkylthio of up to 6 carbon atoms, lower alkysulphinyl of up to 6 carbon atoms and lower alkylsulphonyl of up to 6 carbon atoms; or R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 together represent methylenedioxy; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, alone or in conjunction with one or more other therapeutic agents, said agents being selected from the group consisting of ACE inhibitors, diuretics, and digoxin for decreasing mortality resulting from congestive heart failure (CHF) in mammals, particularly humans.|
|Inventor(s):||Lukas-Laskey; Mary Ann (Philadelphia, PA), Ruffolo, Jr.; Robert (Spring City, PA), Shusterman; Neil Howard (Wynnewood, PA), Sponer; Gisbert (Laudenbach, DE), Strein; Klaus (Hemsbach, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Mannheim Pharmaceuticals Corporation-SmithKline Beecham (Rockville, MD)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,760,069|
1. A method of decreasing mortality caused by congestive heart failure in a patient in need thereof which comprises administering a therapeutically acceptable amount of
carvedilol in conjunction with one or more other therapeutic agents, said agents being selected from the group consisting of an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE), a diuretic, and digoxin.
2. A method according to claim 1 which comprises administering carvedilol in a dosage range of from about 3.125 to about 50 mg given twice daily.
3. A method according to claim 1 which comprises administering carvedilol in a maintenance dose of about 25 mg given twice daily.
4. A method according to claim 1 which comprises administering carvedilol in a maintenance dose of between about 25 mg and about 50 mg given twice daily to patients whose weight exceeds about 85 kg.
5. A method according to claim 1 which comprises administering carvedilol in a maintenance dose of about 50 mg given twice daily in patients whose weight exceed about 85 kg.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein said ACE inhibitor is captopril, lisinopril, or enalapril, or any pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
7. A method according to claim 1 wherein said diuretic is hydrochlorothiazide or furosemide, or any pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.