Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Somatostatin analogue composition and use in treating breast cancer|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a pharmaceutical composition containing a somatostatin analogue, and its use in the treatment of breast cancer. The pharmaceutical composition preferably contains lactic acid in addition to the somatostatin analogue and is better tolerated when administered by injection.|
|Inventor(s):||Cavanak; Thomas (Biel-Benken, CH), Harris; Alan (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition consisting of octreotide acetate and 88% lactic acid, in the ratio of 1 part of octreotide to 5 parts of lactic acid, up to 1 part of
octreotide to 60 parts of lactic acid, and with sodium hydrogen-carbonate to pH 4 to 4.5, and mannitol in isotonic sterile water, for parenteral administration.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, in which the ratio of octreotide acetate to lactic acid is 1 to 5 up to 1 to 40.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, in which the octreotide acetate is present at from 0.05 to 1 mg per ml, and the lactic acid is present at 3 mg per ml.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, in which the pH is 4.2.
5. A method of treating breast cancer in a subject which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of the composition of claim 1 to a subject in need of such treatment.
6. A method of claim 5 in which the composition in co-administered with a dopamine agonist.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.