DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,744,496
|Title:||Method of treating cardiac insufficiency using angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a method of treating cardiac insufficiency by using compounds of the formula I ##STR1## in which n is 1 or 2, R, R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are identical or different and each denote hydrogen or an organic radical and R.sup.4 and R.sup.5, together with the atoms carrying them, form a mono-, bi- or tri-cyclic heterocyclic ring system. The invention furthermore relates to compounds of the formula I and agents containing these for use in the treatment of the abovementioned disease.|
|Inventor(s):||Henning; Rainer (Hattersheim am Main, DE), Urbach; Hansjorg (Kronberg/Taunus, DE), Teetz; Volker (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Geiger; Rolf (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Scholkens; Bernward (Kelkheim, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A method for treating cardiac insufficiency in a mammal comprising the step of administering to a mammal in recognized need of, and for the purpose of said treatment, an amount of a
substantially pure angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor of the following formula, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, effective for said treatment, said formula having the structure ##STR6## wherein R.sup.2 is hydrogen, methyl, ethyl or
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein R.sup.2 is hydrogen or ethyl.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor is N-(1-S-carbethoxy-3-phenylpropyl)-S-alanyl-2S,3aR,7aS-octahydroindole-2-ca rboxylic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor or salt thereof is administered orally or parenterally.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor or salt thereof is administered in combination with a pharmaceutically suitable excipient or acceptable organic or inorganic substance.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor is N-(1-S-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl)-S-alanyl-2S,3aR,7aS-octahydroindole-2-carbo xylic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor or salt thereof is administered orally.
8. The method according to claim 1, wherein said inhibitor or salt thereof is administered parenterally.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.