Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Substituted thiazolidinedionle derivatives|
|Inventor(s):||Pool; Colin Ripley (Surrey, GB2), Tremper; Alan William (Kent, GB2), Brightwell; Malcolm David (Surrey, GB2), Roman; Robin Sherwood (Surrey, GB2)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham plc (Brentford, GB2)|
1. A compound which is 5-[4-[2-(N-methyl-N-(2-pyridyl)amino)ethoxy]benzyl]thiazolidine-2,4-dione, maleic acid salt.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of hyperglycemia which comprises administering the compound of claim 1.
4. A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of hyperlipidemia which comprises administering the compound of claim 1.
5. A process for preparing a compound according to claim 1, which comprises treating 5-[4-[2-(N-methyl-N-(2-pyridyl)amino)ethoxy]benzyl]thiazolidine-2,4-dione with maleic acid.