DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,708,011
|Title:||Use of levobupivacaine in a patient having depressed myocardial contractility|
|Abstract:||This application relates to methods of using levobupivacaine substantially free of dexbupivacaine for anaesthetic treatment of pain in a patient having depressed myocardial contractility.|
|Inventor(s):||Bardsley; Hazel Judith (Cambridge, GB), Gristwood; Robert William (Cambridge, GB)|
|Assignee:||Chiroscience Limited (Cambridge, GB)|
1. A method for anaesthetic treatment of pain in a human patient having or disposed to having depressed myocardial contractility, said method comprising the administration of an
effective amount of levobupivacaine or a salt thereof, to said patient, wherein said levobupivacaine is substantially free of dexbupivacaine.
2. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is suffering from a condition selected from the group consisting of hypertension, renal disease, a post-myocardial infarct, ischaemia, diabetes, viral infection, and alcohol dependence.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the patient has undergone cardiac surgery, multiple organ failure or a valve replacement, or has been fitted with a pacemaker.
4. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is undergoing concomitant therapy with a cardio-depressant drug.
5. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is undergoing concomitant anti-hypertension therapy, by the administration of a Ca.sup.2+ channel blocker.
6. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is undergoing concomitant therapy with a cytotoxic drug.
7. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the levobupivacaine is in at least 90% enantiomeric excess with respect to dexbupivacaine.
8. The method, according to claim 5, wherein said Ca.sup.2+ channel blocker comprises verapamil.
9. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is suffering from, or disposed to, heart failure at level 2, 3, or 4 of the New York Heart Association Scale.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.