DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,695,743
|Title:||Medicinal aerosol formulations|
|Abstract:||A self-propelling aerosol formulation which may be free from CFC's which comprises a medicament, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, a surface active agent and at least one compound having a higher polarity than 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane.|
|Inventor(s):||Purewal; Tarlochan S. (Leamington Spa, GB2), Greenleaf; David J. (Loughborough, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Riker Laboratories, Inc. (St. Paul, MN)|
1. An aerosol formulation comprising:
(a) a therapeutically effective amount of a medicament; and
(b) a propellant substantially free of chlorofluorocarbons, said propellant comprising 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane,
said formulation being suitable for delivery to the lung by inhalation.
2. The formulation of claim 1 wherein said medicament is a member selected from the group consisting of salbutamol, beclomethasone dipropionate, disodium cromoglycate, pirbuterol, isoprenaline, adrenaline, rimiterol, and ipratropium bromide.
3. The formulation of claim 1, further comprising (c) a surface active agent.
4. A method for delivering a drug to the lung of a mammal, comprising administering to said mammal an aerosol formulation according to claim 1 by inhalation.
5. A method for treating a mammal having a condition capable of treatment by inhalation, comprising administering to the lung of said mammal an aerosol formulation according to claim 1 by inhalation.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.