|Title:||Stable topical retinoid compositions|
|Abstract:||Compositions for topical application to the skin are provided, which compositions comprise a retinoid in an aqueous vehicle, and further contain at least one non-ionic surfactant, wherein the non-ionic surfactant is the crystallization-preventing and stabilizing agent for said retinoid and is selected from the group consisting of polyoxyethylene mono fatty alcohol ethers, polyoxyethylene glyceryl fatty acid triesters and ethyleneoxide/propyleneoxide block copolymers.|
|Inventor(s):||DeVringer; Tom (Zoetermeer, NL), Van Harrewijn; Antoon (Delft, NL), Muehlenbruch; Aart (Haarlem, NL)|
|Assignee:||Yamanouchi Europe B.V. (Leiderdorp, NL)|
1. A composition for topical application to the skin comprising a retinoid in an aqueous vehicle said aqueous vehicle further comprising up to 5 wt % of an organic solvent, and at least
one non-ionic surfactant wherein the aqueous vehicle has a pH of between 3 and 7 and the non-ionic surfactant is a crystallization preventing and stabilizing agent for said retinoid and is selected from the group consisting of
a) polyoxyethylene mono fatty alcohol ethers,
b) polyoxyethylene glyceryl fatty acid triesters, and
c) ethylene oxide/proclaim oxide block copolymers.
2. A composition according to claim 1 wherein the non-ionic surfactant is selected from the group consisting of
a) polyoxyethylene (4) monolaurylether,
b) polyoxyethylene (25) glyceryltrioleate, and
c) SYNPERONIC PE/L44, a liquid ethyleneoxide/propyleneoxide block copolymer containing 40% of ethyleneoxide and 60% of propyleneoxide and having a molecular weight of 2.000-3.000 respectively.
3. A composition according to claim 1 comprising a further non-ionic surfactant chosen from the group of polyoxyethylene glycerin fatty acid monoesters.
4. Composition according to claim 4 wherein the polyoxyethylene glycerin fatty acid monoester is polyoxyethylene (15) glycerin monolaurate.
5. A composition according to claim 1 wherein 0-0.1 wt % of the organic solvent is present.
6. Composition according to claim 5, wherein the organic solvent is a monohydric C.sub.1 -C.sub.3 alkanol.
7. A composition according to claim 1 wherein the composition contains an antibiotic.
8. Composition according to claim 7 wherein the antibiotic is clindamycin or a derivative thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.