Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Stable microbubble suspensions comprising saturated phospholipids for ultrasound echography|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are injectable suspensions of gas filled microbubbles in an aqueous carrier liquid usable as contrast agents in ultrasonic echography. The suspensions comprise amphipathic compounds of which at least one may be a laminarized phospholipid as a stabilizer of the microbubbles against collapse with time and pressure. The concentration of phospholipids in the carrier liquid is below 0.01% wt but is at least equal to or above that at which phospholipid molecules are present solely at the gas microbubble-liquid interface. Also disclosed is a method of preparation of the stable suspensions of air or gas filled microbubbles.|
|Inventor(s):||Schneider; Michel (Troinex, CH), Brochot; Jean (Feigeres, FR), Puginier; Jerome (Le Chable-Beaumont, FR), Yan; Feng (Meyrin, CH)|
|Assignee:||Bracco International BV (NL)|
1. An injectable suspension for ultrasonic echography comprising a carrier liquid containing at least 10.sup.7 microbubbles per milliliter and at least one saturated phospholipid,
wherein the concentration of the phospholipid(s) is below 0.01% by weight.
2. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the concentration of microbubbles per milliliter is between 10.sup.8 and 10.sup.10.
3. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the concentration of phospholipids is above 0.00013% wt.
4. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the liquid carrier further comprises a stabilizer selected from the group consisting of water soluble poly- and oligosaccharides, sugars and hydrophilic polymers.
5. The injectable suspension according to claim 4, wherein a hydrophilic polymer is a polyethylene glycol.
6. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the phospholipids are at least partially in lamellar or laminar form and are selected from the group consisting of lecithins such as phosphatidic acid, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol, cardiolipin and sphingomyelin.
7. The injectable suspension of claim 4, further containing a substance affecting the properties of phospholipid selected from the group consisting of phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidic acid, dicetylphosphate, cholesterol, ergosterol, phytosterol, sitosterol, lanosterol, tocopherol, propylgallate, ascorbyl palmitate and butylated hydroxytoluene.
8. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the phospholipid is in the form of powders obtained by freeze-drying or spray-drying.
9. The injectable suspension of claim 1, containing about 10.sup.8- 10.sup.9 microbubbles per milliliter with the microbubble size between 0.5-10 .mu.m showing little or no variation under storage.
10. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the liquid carrier further comprises up to 50% by weight non-laminar surfactants selected from the group consisting of fatty acids, esters and ethers of fatty acids and alcohols with polyols such as polyalkalene glycols, polyalkylenated sugars and other carbohydrates, and polyalkylenated glycerol.
11. The injectable suspension of claim 1, in which the microbubbles are filled with SF.sub.6, CF.sub.4, freons or air.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.