Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
|Title:||Medicaments to combat autoimmune diseases|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for use in the treatment of chronic Graft-versus-host diseases as well as autoimmune diseases, in particular for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus containing as an active ingredient at least one compound of the formula 1 or 2 ##STR1## the latter being present per se or in the form of a physiologically tolerable salt. The invention also relates to a dosage unit form of said pharmaceutical composition and a method of treating chronic Graft-versus host diseases as well as autoimmune diseases, in particular systemic lupus erythematosus.|
|Inventor(s):||Bartlett; Robert R. (Darmstadt, DE), Schleyerbach; Rudolf (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Kammerer; Friedrich-Johannes (Hochheim am Main, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. The compound N-(4-trifluoromethylphenyl-2-cyano-3-hydroxycrotonamide having the formula: ##STR2##
2. The pharmaceutical compound as claimed in claim 1 in the form of a physiologically tolerated salt thereof.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising 10 to 200 mg of the compound of claim 1 in a solid dosage unit.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 1 and a physiologically acceptable carrier at a dosage of 1 to 30 mg for injection.
5. The pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 1 at a dosage of 50 to 300 mg for rectal administration.
6. A method of treating autoimmune diseases except systemic lupus erythematosus comprising administering in effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or a physiologically tolerable salt thereof.
7. A method of reducing B-cell produced self-antibodies comprising administering to a patient suffering an autoimmune disease except systemic lupus erythematosus an effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or a physiologically tolerable salt thereof.
8. A method of restoring the inhibited proliferation of T-lymphocytes to normal response levels comprising administering to a patient suffering from an autoimmune disease except systemic lupus erythematosus an effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or physiologically tolerable salt.