Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Medicaments to combat autoimmune diseases|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for use in the treatment of chronic Graft-versus-host diseases as well as autoimmune diseases, in particular for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus containing as an active ingredient at least one compound of the formula 1 or 2 ##STR1## the latter being present per se or in the form of a physiologically tolerable salt. The invention also relates to a dosage unit form of said pharmaceutical composition and a method of treating chronic Graft-versus host diseases as well as autoimmune diseases, in particular systemic lupus erythematosus.|
|Inventor(s):||Bartlett; Robert R. (Darmstadt, DE), Schleyerbach; Rudolf (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Kammerer; Friedrich-Johannes (Hochheim am Main, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. The compound N-(4-trifluoromethylphenyl-2-cyano-3-hydroxycrotonamide having the formula: ##STR2##
2. The pharmaceutical compound as claimed in claim 1 in the form of a physiologically tolerated salt thereof.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising 10 to 200 mg of the compound of claim 1 in a solid dosage unit.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 1 and a physiologically acceptable carrier at a dosage of 1 to 30 mg for injection.
5. The pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 1 at a dosage of 50 to 300 mg for rectal administration.
6. A method of treating autoimmune diseases except systemic lupus erythematosus comprising administering in effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or a physiologically tolerable salt thereof.
7. A method of reducing B-cell produced self-antibodies comprising administering to a patient suffering an autoimmune disease except systemic lupus erythematosus an effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or a physiologically tolerable salt thereof.
8. A method of restoring the inhibited proliferation of T-lymphocytes to normal response levels comprising administering to a patient suffering from an autoimmune disease except systemic lupus erythematosus an effective amount of the compound of claim 1 or physiologically tolerable salt.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.