Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Transdermal therapeutic systems with crystallization inhibitors|
|Abstract:||A transdermal therapeutic system is described, which is characterized in that it contains a crystallization inhibitor and optionally penetration enhancer in an active ingredient-containing adhesive matrix.|
|Inventor(s):||Lipp; Ralph (Berlin, DE), Riedl; Jutta (Berlin, DE), Tack; Johannes (Berlin, DE)|
|Assignee:||Schering Aktiengesellschaft (Berlin, DE)|
1. A transdermal therapeutic system, comprising:
a) a top coating which is impermeable to water, penetration enhancer and active ingredient, and
b) an adhesive matrix, adhered to the top coating comprising
b1) an active ingredient,
b2) 0.1 to 40% by weight relative to the total weight of the matrix of a vinylpyrrolidone-vinylacetate copolymer as crystallization inhibitor, and
b3) a skin contact adhesive.
2. The system according to claim 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1) is asteroid hormone.
3. The system of claims 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1), is a steroid hormone, a corticoid, an ergoline group-containing compound, an antihypertensive compound, an anticoagulant compound, a psychopharmacological agent compound, an organic nitro compound, a beta blocker compound, a carotenoid compound, a .beta.-carboline group-containing compound, scopalamine or a mixture thereof.
4. The system of claim 1, wherein the adhesive matrix, b), further comprises a penetration enhancer.
5. The system of claim 1, further comprising a removable protective layer, c), over the adhesive matrix, b).
6. The system of claim 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1), is incorporated in the adhesive matrix, b), in a concentration of 0.1 to 10% by weight relative to the total weight of the matrix.
7. The system of claim 1, wherein the top coating, a), is a film of polyvinyl chloride, polyvinylidene chloride, ethylene/vinyl acetate copolymer, polyethylene, polyester, copolymers thereof or coextrudates thereof.
8. The system of claim 7, wherein the top coating has a thickness of 10-100.mu.m.
9. The system of claim 1, wherein the adhesive matrix, b), has a thickness of 20 to 500.mu.m and a surface opposite the surface adhered to the top coating with a surface area of 5 to 100 cm.sup.2.
10. The system of claim 1, wherein the skin contact adhesive is a polyacrylate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.