|Title:|| Transdermal therapeutic systems with crystallization inhibitors|
|Abstract:||A transdermal therapeutic system is described, which is characterized in that it contains a crystallization inhibitor and optionally penetration enhancer in an active ingredient-containing adhesive matrix.|
|Inventor(s):|| Lipp; Ralph (Berlin, DE), Riedl; Jutta (Berlin, DE), Tack; Johannes (Berlin, DE) |
|Assignee:|| Schering Aktiengesellschaft (Berlin, DE) |
1. A transdermal therapeutic system, comprising:
a) a top coating which is impermeable to water, penetration enhancer and active ingredient, and
b) an adhesive matrix, adhered to the top coating comprising
b1) an active ingredient,
b2) 0.1 to 40% by weight relative to the total weight of the matrix of a vinylpyrrolidone-vinylacetate copolymer as crystallization inhibitor, and
b3) a skin contact adhesive.
2. The system according to claim 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1) is asteroid hormone.
3. The system of claims 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1), is a steroid hormone, a corticoid, an ergoline group-containing compound, an antihypertensive compound, an anticoagulant compound, a psychopharmacological agent compound, an organic
nitro compound, a beta blocker compound, a carotenoid compound, a .beta.-carboline group-containing compound, scopalamine or a mixture thereof.
4. The system of claim 1, wherein the adhesive matrix, b), further comprises a penetration enhancer.
5. The system of claim 1, further comprising a removable protective layer, c), over the adhesive matrix, b).
6. The system of claim 1, wherein the active ingredient, b1), is incorporated in the adhesive matrix, b), in a concentration of 0.1 to 10% by weight relative to the total weight of the matrix.
7. The system of claim 1, wherein the top coating, a), is a film of polyvinyl chloride, polyvinylidene chloride, ethylene/vinyl acetate copolymer, polyethylene, polyester, copolymers thereof or coextrudates thereof.
8. The system of claim 7, wherein the top coating has a thickness of 10-100.mu.m.
9. The system of claim 1, wherein the adhesive matrix, b), has a thickness of 20 to 500.mu.m and a surface opposite the surface adhered to the top coating with a surface area of 5 to 100 cm.sup.2.
10. The system of claim 1, wherein the skin contact adhesive is a polyacrylate.