Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for the treatment of pain utilizing ropivacaine|
|Abstract:||Use of a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of ropivacaine for the manufacture of a pharmaceutical preparation with sensoric block and minimal motor blockade.|
|Inventor(s):||Eek; Arne Torsten (Trosa, SE)|
|Assignee:||Astra AB (SE)|
1. A method for treating a human experiencing pain, said method comprising: administering to said human a composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of ropivacaine,
wherein said ropivacaine is present in said composition at a concentration of less than 0.25% by weight.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said composition is administered at a site permitting direct interaction between said ropivacaine and nerves in the spinal column of said human.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said composition is administered epidurally.
4. The method of any one of claims 1-3, wherein said pharmaceutically acceptable salt of ropivacaine is ropivacaine hydrochloride.
5. The method of any one of claims 1-3, wherein said composition is administered by continuous infusion.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said continuous infusion is at a flow rate of about 10 ml per hour.
7. The method of any one of claims 1-3, wherein said composition is administered for post-surgical pain.
8. The method of any one of claims 1-3, wherein said composition is administered for labor pain.
9. A pharmaceutical composition for use in acute pain management with minimal motor blockade, comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of ropivacaine at a concentration lower than 0.25% by weight.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 9, wherein said pharmaceutically acceptable salt of ropivacaine is ropivacaine hydrochloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.