|Title:||Preserved ophthalmic drug compositions containing polymeric quaternary ammonium compounds|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are storage-stable preserved ophthalmic compositions containing acidic drugs in combination with polymeric quaternary ammonium compounds and boric acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Desai; Suketu Dipakbhai (Fort Worth, TX), Nelms; Diane S. (Fort Worth, TX)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Laboratories, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)|
1. A method for treating or controlling ocular inflammation comprising the topical ocular application of a preserved storage stable ophthalmic composition comprising a
therapeutically-effective amount of one or more acidic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, a combination of an antimicrobial polymeric quaternary ammonium compound and boric acid in an amount effective to meet at least the minimum United States
Pharmacopeia XXII and European Pharmacopeia (1994) preservative effectiveness requirements, and an ophthalmically acceptable vehicle; provided that the composition does not contain a viscosity-enhancing amount of polyvinyl alcohol.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent comprises an aryl- or heteroaryl- alkanoic acid, or an ophthalmically acceptable salt, ester, amide or prodrug thereof.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent is selected from the group consisting of diclofenac and its ophthalmically acceptable salts, esters, amides or prodrugs.
4. The method of claim 2 wherein the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent is selected from the group consisting of suprofen and its ophthalmically acceptable salts, esters, amides or prodrugs.
5. The method of claim 2 wherein the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent is selected from the group consisting of bromfenac and its ophthalmically acceptable salts, esters, amides or prodrugs.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.