DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,635,517
|Title:||Method of reducing TNF.alpha. levels with amino substituted 2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-1-oxo-and 1,3-dioxoisoindolines|
|Abstract:||1-Oxo- and 1,3-dioxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl) isoindolines substituted with amino in the benzo ring reduce the levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal. A typical embodiment is 1,3-dioxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-5-aminoisoindoline.|
|Inventor(s):||Muller; George W. (Bridgewater, NJ), Stirling; David I. (Branchburg, NJ), Chen; Roger S. -C. (Edison, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Warren, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,635,517|
1. The method of reducing undesirable levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal which comprises administering thereto an effective amount of a compound of the formula: ##STR3## in
which in said compound one of X and Y is C.dbd.O and the other of X and Y is C.dbd.O or CH.sub.2.
2. The method according to claim 1 in which X is C.dbd.O and Y is CH.sub.2.
3. The method according to claim 2 in which said compound is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-5-aminoisoindoline.
4. The method according to claim 2 in which said compound is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3 -yl)-4-aminoisoindoline.
5. The method according to claim 2 in which said compound is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3 -yl)-6-aminoisoindoline.
6. The method according to claim 2 in which said compound is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3 -yl)-7-aminoisoindoline.
7. The method according to claim 1 in which each of X and Y is C.dbd.O.
8. The method according to claim 7 in which said compound is 1,3-dioxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4-aminoisoindoline.
9. The method according to claim 7 in which said compound is 1,3-dioxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-5-aminoisoindoline.
10. A compound selected from the group consisting of 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-5-aminoisoindoline, 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4-aminoisoindoline, 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-6-aminoisoindoline, and 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-7-aminoisoindoline.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.