Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Acetamide derivative having defined particle size|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising modafinil in the form of particles of defined size. The particle size of modafinil can have a significant effect on the potency and safety profile of the drug.|
|Inventor(s):||Grebow; Peter E. (Penllyn, PA), Corvari; Vincent (Hockessin, DE), Stong; David (Coatsville, PA)|
|Assignee:||Cephalon, Inc. (West Chester, PA)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a substantially homogeneous mixture of modafinil particles, wherein at least about 95% of the cumulative total of modafinil
particles in said composition have a diameter of less than about 200 microns (.mu.m).
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein said particles have a median diameter range of between about 2.mu.m and about 60 .mu.m.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein said composition comprises between about 50 milligrams and about 700 milligrams of said modafinil.
4. A method of altering the somnolent state of a mammal, said method comprising administering an effective amount of the composition of claim 1 to said mammal.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said somnolent state is narcolepsy.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein said effective amount comprises between about 50 milligrams/day and about 700 milligrams/day of said composition.