DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,618,845
|Title:||Acetamide derivative having defined particle size|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising modafinil in the form of particles of defined size. The particle size of modafinil can have a significant effect on the potency and safety profile of the drug.|
|Inventor(s):||Grebow; Peter E. (Penllyn, PA), Corvari; Vincent (Hockessin, DE), Stong; David (Coatsville, PA)|
|Assignee:||Cephalon, Inc. (West Chester, PA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,618,845|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a substantially homogeneous mixture of modafinil particles, wherein at least about 95% of the cumulative total of modafinil
particles in said composition have a diameter of less than about 200 microns (.mu.m).
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein said particles have a median diameter range of between about 2.mu.m and about 60 .mu.m.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein said composition comprises between about 50 milligrams and about 700 milligrams of said modafinil.
4. A method of altering the somnolent state of a mammal, said method comprising administering an effective amount of the composition of claim 1 to said mammal.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said somnolent state is narcolepsy.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein said effective amount comprises between about 50 milligrams/day and about 700 milligrams/day of said composition.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.