DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,595,997
|Title:||Methods and compositions for treating allergic rhinitis and other disorders using descarboethoxyloratadine|
|Abstract:||Methods are disclosed utilizing DCL, a metabolic derivative of loratadine, for the treatment of allergic rhinitis, and other disorders, while avoiding the concomitant liability of adverse side-effects associated with other non-sedating antihistamines.|
|Inventor(s):||Aberg; A. K. Gunnar (Westborough, MA), McCullough; John R. (Worcester, MA), Smith; Emil R. (Shrewsbury, MA)|
|Assignee:||Sepracor Inc. (Marlborough, MA)|
1. A method of treating allergic rhinitis in a human while avoiding the concomitant liability of adverse side-effects associated with the administration of non-sedating
antihistamines, comprising administering to said human a therapeutically effective amount of descarboethoxyloratadine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said adverse side-effect is cardiac arrhythmia or tumor promotion.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said human has a higher than normal propensity for or incidence of cancer.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein interaction between DCL and a drug that inhibits cytochrome P450 is avoided.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the amount of DCL administered is from about 0.1 mg to less than about 10 mg per day.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the amount of DCL administered is from about 0.1 mg to about 5 mg per day.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the amount of said DCL or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.