Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||19-nor-vitamin D compounds|
|Abstract:||This invention provides a novel class of vitamin D-related compounds, namely the 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D analogs, as well as a general method for their chemical synthesis. The compounds exhibit pronounced activity in arresting the proliferation of undifferentiated cells, including malignant cells, and in inducing their differentiation, and thus represent novel therapeutic agents for the treatment of malignant and other diseases characterized by the proliferative growth of undifferentiated cells. Formulations for therapeutic use and treatment methods are also provided. The 19-nor vitamin D compounds have the formula: ##STR1## where X.sup.1 and X.sup.2 are each hydrogen or a hydroxy protecting group and R is a side chain.|
|Inventor(s):||DeLuca; Hector F. (Deerfield, WI), Schnoes; Heinrich K. (Madison, WI), Perlman; Kato L. (Madison, WI), Sicinski; Rafal R. (Warsaw, PL), Prahl; Jean M. (Madison, WI)|
|Assignee:||Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (Madison, WI)|
1. A compound having the formula ##STR10## where X.sup.1 and X.sup.2 are each selected from hydrogen, acyl, alkylsilyl and alkoxyalkyl, and where R is selected from alkyl, hydrogen,
hydroxyalkyl, said hydroxyalkyl having from 4 to 5 carbon atoms, fluoroalkyl and a side chain of the formula ##STR11## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen, hydroxy or O-acyl, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are each selected from alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl,
or, when taken together represent the group --(CH.sub.2).sub.m --where m is an integer having a value of from 2 to 5, R.sup.4 is selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, fluorine, O-acyl, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, R.sup.5 is selected from hydrogen,
fluorine, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, or R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 taken together represent double-bonded oxygen, R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are each selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, O-acyl, fluorine and alkyl, or, R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 taken together form a
carbon-carbon double bond, and wherein n is an integer having a value of from 1 to 5 and wherein any of the groups -CH(CH.sub.3)-, -CH(R.sup.7)-, or -CH(R.sup.6)- at positions 20, 22 and 23, respectively, may be replaced by an oxygen atom, with the
proviso that when n is 2 to 5 each R.sup.4 is independently selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, fluorine, O-acyl, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, and each R.sup.5 is independently selected from hydrogen, fluorine, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl.
2. A compound according to claim 1 where X.sup.1 and X.sup.2 represent hydrogen, and where R.sup.1 is hydroxy, both of R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are selected from the group consisting of methyl, trifluoromethyl, ethyl and propyl, both of R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are hydrogen, or together form a carbon-carbon double bond, R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 are hydrogen and n is an integer having the values 1, 2 or 3.
3. The compound of claim 1 where R is a side chain of the formula ##STR12##
4. The compound of claim 1 where R is a side chain of the formula ##STR13##
5. The compound of claim 1 where R is a side chain of the formula ##STR14##
6. The compound of claim 1 where R is a side chain of the formula ##STR15##
7. 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.3.
8. 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.3.
9. 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.2 .
10. 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.2.
11. 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19-nor-24 epi-vitamin D.sub.2.
12. 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxy-19-nor-24 epi-vitamin D.sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.