DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,565,467
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the compound of formula (I), ##STR1## also known as 17.beta.-N-(2,5-bis(Trifluoromethyl))phenylcarbamoyl-4-aza-5.alpha.-andros t-1-en-3-one, solvates thereof, its preparation, intermediates used in its preparation, pharmaceutical formulations thereof and its use in the treatment of androgen responsive and mediated diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Batchelor; Kenneth W. (Chapel Hill, NC), Frye; Stephen V. (Durham, NC), Dorsey, Jr.; George F. (Raleigh, NC), Mook, Jr.; Robert A. (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Wellcome Inc. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 5,565,467|
1. 17.beta.-N-(2,5- bis(Trifluoromethyl))phenylcarbamoyl-4-aza-5.alpha.-androst-1-en-3-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable solvate thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising the compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier thereof.
3. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a safe and effective amount of a compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier thereof.
4. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 3 further comprising an alpha 1 adrenergic receptor blocker.
5. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 4 wherein the alpha 1 adrenergic receptor blocker is selected from the group consisting of: prazosin, terazosin, doxazosin, indoramin, trimazosin and tamsolosin.
6. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 5 wherein the alpha 1 adrenergic receptor blocker is terazosin.
7. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 3 further comprising an anti-estrogen selected from the group consisting of: clomiphene and tamoxifen.
8. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 7 wherein an the anti-estrogen is tamoxifen.
9. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 3 further comprising an anti-androgen.
10. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 9 wherein the anti-androgen is flutamide.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.