Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A compound of formula (I) ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 each represents a hydrogen atom or an alkyl group, Z represents a ring selected from: ##STR2## in which n represents 4, 5 or 6; ##STR3## in which R.sup.3 represents hydrogen or an alkyl group and R.sup.4 represents an alkyl, methoxy benzyl or R.sup.5 NHCO group, R.sup.5 being an alkyl group; and ##STR4## in which R.sup.6 represents an alkyl group. and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof are useful in the treatment of migraine and other conditions. They are prepares by decarboxylation of the corresponding indolyl 2-carboxylic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Forner; Dolors F. (Barcelona, ES), Duran; Carles P. (Barcelona, ES), Soto; Jose P. (Barcelona, ES), Noverola; Armando V. (Barcelona, ES), Mauri; Jacinto M. (Barcelona, ES)|
|Assignee:||Laboratorios Almirall S.A. (ES)|
1. A compound of formula (I) ##STR11## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 each represents a hydrogen atom or a C.sub.1-6 alkyl group, Z represents a ring selected from: ##STR12## in which n
represents 4, 5 or 6; ##STR13## in which R.sup. 6 represents a C.sub.1-6 alkyl group, or pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1 in which R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 which by the same or different is each C.sub.1-4 alkyl, and Z is of the formula II.
1-[[3-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)-5-indolyl]methanesulphonyl]-4-ethoxycarbonyl piperazine; or a hydrochloride salt thereof.
4. A composition comprising a compound according to claim 1 mixed with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent.
5. A method of treating headaches, movement disorders, depression or anxiety which comprises administering to a human or animal subject in need of treatment of an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein said treatment is for a migraine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.