Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Malignant tumors in animals are treated by parenterally administering to an affected animal a solution containing a complex compound of platinum in an amount effective to cause regression of the tumor.|
|Inventor(s):||Rosenberg; Barnett (Holt, MI), Vancamp; Loretta (East Lansing, MI), Krigas; Thomas (Okemos, MI)|
|Assignee:||Research Corporation Tech. Inc. (Tucson, AZ)|
1. A therapeutic composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of an inorganic planar dsp.sup.2 platinum (II) coordination complex, which complex is protected from light,
and which is suitable for therapeutic administration by injection in solution therefor, wherein the donor ligands are Cl, Br, CN, NH.sub.3, OS, NO.sub.3, H.sub.2 O, hydroxy, ethylene diamine, or propylene diamine, and wherein the donor ligands of the
complex form coordinate covalent bonds with the central platinum ion.
2. The therapeutic composition according to claim 1 wherein the platinum coordination complex is dissolved in a stabilizing effective amount of a saline or buffer solution.
3. The therapeutic composition according to claim 1 wherein the platinum complex is in the cis configuration.
4. The therapeutic composition according to claim 3 wherein the platinum complex is cis chloroplatinumamine.
5. The therapeutic composition according to claim 4 which is cis-Pt(II)(NH.sub.3).sub.2 Cl.sub.2.
6. The therapeutic composition according to claim 1 which is Pt(II)(NH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 NH.sub.2) Cl.sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.