|Title:||Treatment for insomnia|
|Abstract:||A method for the treatment of chronic insomnia is disclosed which involves the administration of low dosages of a compound selected from the pharmaceutically acceptable forms of doxepin, trimipramine, amitriptyline, trazodone and mixtures hereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Kavey; Neil B. (Chappagua, NY)|
1. A method for the treatment of a patient suffering from chronic insomnia comprising administering to said patient a compound selected from the group consisting of doxepin and
pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof in a daily dosage ranging from about 0.5 to about 20 milligrams.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt of doxepin is the hydrochloride salt thereof.
3. The method of claim 1 where the daily dosage is about 0.5 to about 10 milligrams.
4. The method of claim 1 where the daily dosage is about 0.5 to about 5 milligrams.
5. The method of claim 2 where the daily dosage is about 0.5 to about 10 milligrams.
6. The method of claim 2 where the daily dosage is about 0.5 to about 5 milligrams.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the patient is suffering from depression.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the patient is suffering from depression.
9. The method of claim 4 wherein the patient is not suffering from depression.
10. The method of claim 5 wherein the patient is not suffering from depsression.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.