Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||Composition for nasal administration of desmopressin|
|Abstract:||An aqueous composition for spray nasal administration of a synthetic analog of vasopressin (desmopressin; actate containing between 2.5 and 7.5 .mu.g per 100 .mu.l. The composition may additionally contain an osmotic-pressure controlling agent, such as sodium chloride, a preservative, such as chlorobutanol or benzalkonium chloride, and a buffer stabilizing the pH between about 4 and 6. Buffers containing citrate and/or phosphate are preferred. Also disclosed is a sealed container filled with the composition, an assembly comprising the container and a spray pump, and the use of the composition, the container, and the assembly in the management of urinary disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Harris; Alan (Malmo, SE)|
|Assignee:||Ferring AB (Malmo, SE)|
1. An aqueous composition for intra-nasal administration of desmopressin, comprising between about 2.5 and about 7.5 .mu.g desmopressin acetate per 100 .mu.l of said aqueous
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said composition contains about 5 .mu.g desmopressin acetate per 100 .mu.l.
3. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising a sodium chloride osmotic pressure-controlling agent.
4. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising a preservative selected from the group consisting of chlorobutanol and benzalkonium chloride.
5. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising a buffer selected from the group of buffers consisting of citrate, phosphate, and a mixture of citrate and phosphate.
6. The composition according to claim 5, wherein said buffer maintains a pH from about 4 to about 6.
7. The composition according to claim 6, wherein said buffer maintains pH at about 5.
8. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising at least one absorption enhancing agent selected from the group consisting of bile salts, monolauryl ethers of macrogols, phospholipids and fusidate derivatives.
9. The composition according to claim 1, administrable in a metered dose or multiples thereof, said metered dose comprising from 2.5 .mu.g to 7.5 .mu.g of desmopressin acetate dissolved in from 50 .mu.l to 150 .mu.l of an aqueous carrier to provide a desmopressin concentration in said carrier ranging from 2.5 .mu.g to 7.5 .mu.g per 100 .mu.l, for effecting a plasma profile essentially corresponding to that obtainable by nasal administration of the same total amount of desmopressin dissolved in said carrier in substantially higher concentration.
10. The composition according to claim 1, administrable in a metered dose comprising from 2.5 .mu.g to 7.5 .mu.g of desmopressin acetate dissolved in from 50 .mu.l to 150 .mu.l of an aqueous carrier, for effecting a plasma profile essentially equivalent, on a desmopressin unit dose weight basis, to a desmopressin plasma profile obtainable by nasal administration of a metered dose of desmopressin comprising substantially higher amounts of desmopressin in a corresponding smaller volume of aqueous carrier ranging from 50 .mu.l to 150 .mu.l.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.