DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,484,926
|Title:||HIV protease inhibitors|
|Abstract:||HIV protease inhibitors, obtainable by chemical synthesis, inhibit or block the biological activity of the HIV protease enzyme, causing the replication of the HIV virus to terminate. These compounds, as well as pharmaceutical compositions that contain these compounds and optionally other anti-viral agents as active ingredients, are suitable for treating patients or hosts infected with the HIV virus, which is known to cause AIDS.|
|Inventor(s):||Dressman; Bruce A. (Indianapolis, IN), Fritz; James E. (Greenwoode, IN), Hammond; Marlys (Pasadena, CA), Hornback; William J. (Indianapolis, IN), Kaldor; Stephen W. (Indianapolis, IN), Kalish; Vincent J. (San Diego, CA), Munroe; John E. (Indianapolis, IN), Reich; Siegfried H. (San Diego, CA), Tatlock; John H. (Poway, CA), Shepherd; Timothy A. (Indianapolis, IN), Rodriguez; Michael J. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Agouron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Digeo, CA)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR136## or a prodrug thereof or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A stereoisomer of the compound according to claim 1, which has the formula ##STR137## or a prodrug thereof or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. An essentially pure salt according to claim 2.
4. An essentially pure stereoisomer according to claim 2.
5. A compound of the formula ##STR138##
6. A stereoisomer of the compound according to claim 5, which has the formula ##STR139##
7. An essentially pure stereoisomer according to claim 6.
8. An essentially pure prodrug according to claim 2.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.