Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pregna-1,4-diene3,20-dione-16-17-acetal-21 esters, process for their preparation, composition, and methods for the treatment of inflammatory conditions|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to compounds of the formula: ##STR1## in which X.sub.1 and X.sub.2 correspond to H or F without distinction; R.sub.1 represents the following radicals: ##STR2## and R.sub.2 represents the radicals ##STR3## in the form of an R epimer, an S epimer, or a stereoisomeric mixture of the R and S epimers in terms of the orientation of the substituents on the carbon atom at position 22, novel intermediates and a method of their preparation by hydrolysis-ketalization, and use of such compounds as drugs and/or therapeutic agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Calatayud; Jose (Madrid, ES), Conde; Jose R. (Madrid, ES), Luna; Manuel (Madrid, ES)|
|Assignee:||Especialidades Latinas Medicamentos Universales, S.A. (Elmu, S.A.) (Madrid, ES)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR20## in the form of an R epimer, an S epimer, or a stereoisomeric mixture of the R and S epimers in terms of the orientation of the substituents on the
carbon atom at position 22, wherein:
R.sub.1 is cyclohexyl,
R.sub.2 is a member selected from the group consisting of ##STR21## and wherein X.sub.1 and X.sub.2 may be the same or different and each is a member selected from the group consisting of hydrogen and fluorine.
2. A compound according to claim 1 in the form of the (22S)- epimer.
3. A compound according to claim 1 in the form of the (22R)- epimer.
4. An anti-inflammatory drug containing a compound according to claim 1.
5. A method of treating inflammatory conditions which comprises administering to a patient an anti-inflammatory effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
6. A pharmaceutical composition having anti-inflammatory properties comprising as the active ingredient an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
7. A method for the treatment and control of inflammatory conditions characterized by the topical administration to a patient of an effective dose of a compound according to claim 1.
8. The compound of claim 1 which is [11.beta.,16.alpha.(R,S)]-16,17-[cyclohexylmethylene)bis (oxy)]-11-hydroxy-21-(2-methyl-1-oxopropoxy)pregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione.
9. The R-epimer of the compound of claim 8.
10. The S-epimer of the compound of claim 8.
11. A compound of claim 1 wherein each of is X.sub.1 and X.sub.2 is hydrogen.
12. A compound of claim 1 wherein each of X.sub.1 and X.sub.2 is fluorine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.