Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||2-amino-3-aroyl-benzo[.beta.]thiophenes and methods for preparing and using same to produce 6-hydroxy-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-3-[4-(2-aminoethoxy)-benzoyl]benzo[.beta.] thiophenes|
|Abstract:||A group of 2-amino-3-aroyl-benzo[.beta.]thiophenes are prepared by treating an aldehyde with an anion of dimethylamino thioformamide, cyclizing the .alpha.-hydroxy thioamide, and subsequently acylating the benzo[.beta.]thiophene to yield the 2-amino-3-aryl derivative. These compounds may be treated with suitable phenyl Grignard reagents, and after deprotection, yield 6-hydroxy-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-3-[4-(2-piperidinoethoxy)benzoyl]benzo[.beta .]thiophene.|
|Inventor(s):||Godfrey; Alexander G. (Greenwood, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR8## or pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof; wherein R represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl;
R" represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl or --(CH.sub.2).sub.n N(R.sub.1)(R.sub.2) where n is an integer of 1 to 4, and R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are independently C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl, or R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 combine to form C.sub.4 -C.sub.6 polymethylene or --(CH.sub.2).sub.2 O(CH.sub.2).sub.2 --; and
R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 are independently C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl or combine to form C.sub.4 -C.sub.6 polymethylene.
2. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R represents methyl.
3. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R" is --(CH.sub.2).sub.n NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 and n is 2.
4. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 are methyl.
5. A compound according to claim 3, wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 together represent pentamethylene.
6. A compound according to claim 5, wherein R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 are methyl.
7. A compound according to claim 1, which is 6-methoxy-2-dimethylamino-3-[4-(2-piperidinoethoxy)benzoyl]benzo[.beta.]th iophene.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.