Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Synthetic peptide inhibitors of HIV transmission|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to peptides which exhibit potent anti-retroviral activity. The peptides of the invention comprise DP-178 (SEQ ID:1) ptides corresponding to amino acids 638 to 673 of the HIV-1.sub.LAI gp41 protein, and fragments, analogs and homologs of DP-178. The invention further relates to the uses of such peptides as inhibitory of human and non-human retroviral, especially HIV, transmission to uninfected cells.|
|Inventor(s):||Bolognesi; Dani P. (Durham, NC), Matthews; Thomas J. (Durham, NC), Wild; Carl T. (Durham, NC)|
|Assignee:||Duke University (Durham, NC)|
1. A peptide having a formula selected from the group consisting of:
X-YTSLIHSLIEESQNQQEKNEQELLELDKWASLWNWF-Z ( SEQ ID: 1)
X-YTNTIYTLLEESQNQQEKNEQELLELDKWASLWNWF-Z (SEQ ID NO:3)
X-YTGIIYNLLEESQNQQEKNEQELLELDKWANLWNWF-Z (SEQ ID NO:4)
X-YTSLIYSLLEKSQIQQEKNEQELLELDKWASLWNWF-Z (SEQ ID NO:5)
X-LEANISKSLEQAQIQQEKNMYELQKLNSWDIFGNWF-Z (SEQ ID NO:6)
X-LEANISQSLEQAQIQQEKNMYELQKLNSWDVFTNWL-Z (SEQ ID NO:7),
amino acid residues are presented by the single-letter code;
X comprises an amino group, an acetyl group, a 9-fluorenylmethoxy-carbonyl group, a hydrophobic group, or a macromolecule carrier group;
Z comprises a carboxyl group, an amido group, a hydrophobic group, or a macromolecular carrier group.
2. The peptide of claim 1 wherein X is a hydrophobic group.
3. The peptide of claim 2 wherein the hydrophobic group X is carbobenzoxyl, dansyl, or t-butyloxycarbonyl.
4. The peptide of claim 1 wherein Z is a hydrophobic group.
5. The peptide of claim 4 wherein the hydrophobic group Z is t-butyloxycarbonyl.
6. The peptide of claim 1 wherein X is a macromolecular carrier group.
7. The peptide of claim 6 wherein the macromolecular carrier group is a lipid-fatty acid conjugate, a polyethylene glycol, or a carbohydrate moiety.
8. The peptide of claim 1 wherein Z is a macromolecular carrier group.
9. The peptide of claim 8 wherein the macromolecular carrier group Z is a lipid-fatty acid conjugate, a polyethylene glycol, or a carbohydrate moiety.
10. The peptide of claim 1 wherein at least one bond linking adjacent amino acid residues is a non-peptide bond.
11. The peptide of claim 10 wherein the non-peptide bond is an imino, ester, hydrazine, semicarbazide, or azo bond.
12. The peptide of claim 1 wherein at least one amino acid residue is in a D-isomer configuration.
13. The peptide of claim 1 further comprising at least one amino acid substitution wherein a first amino acid residue is substituted for a second, different amino acid residue.
14. The peptide of claim 13 wherein the amino acid substitution is a conserved substitution.
15. The peptide of claim 13 wherein the amino acid substitution is a non-conserved substitution.
16. The peptide homolog of claim 1 wherein the HIV retrovirus is a HIV-1 retrovirus.
17. The peptide homolog of claim 16 wherein the HIV-1 retrovirus is HIV-1.sub.SF2.
18. The peptide homolog of claim 16 wherein the retrovirus is HIV-1.sub.RF.
19. The peptide homolog of claim 16 wherein the retrovirus is HIV-1.sub.MN.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.