Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
|Title:||Use of tetrahydrocarbazone derivatives as 5HT.sub.1 receptor agonists|
|Inventor(s):||King; Francis D. (Harlow, GB2), Gaster; Laramie M. (Harlow, GB2), Kaumann; Alberto J. (Trumpington, GB2), Young; Rodney C. (Hertford, GB2)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham P.L.C. (Brentford, GB2)|
1. A compound of formula (I) which is 3-methylamino-6-carboxamido-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrocarbazole, or a salt, solvate or hydrate thereof.
2. A method of treatment of a condition wherein a 5-HT.sub.1 -like agonist is indicated, which comprises administering to a subject in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
3. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is migraine.
4. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is cluster headache.
5. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is headache associated with vascular disorders.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound according to claim 1, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof and a physiologically acceptable carrier.