DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,464,864
|Title:||Use of tetrahydrocarbazone derivatives as 5HT.sub.1 receptor agonists|
|Inventor(s):||King; Francis D. (Harlow, GB2), Gaster; Laramie M. (Harlow, GB2), Kaumann; Alberto J. (Trumpington, GB2), Young; Rodney C. (Hertford, GB2)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham P.L.C. (Brentford, GB2)|
1. A compound of formula (I) which is 3-methylamino-6-carboxamido-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrocarbazole, or a salt, solvate or hydrate thereof.
2. A method of treatment of a condition wherein a 5-HT.sub.1 -like agonist is indicated, which comprises administering to a subject in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
3. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is migraine.
4. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is cluster headache.
5. The method according to claim 1 wherein the condition is headache associated with vascular disorders.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound according to claim 1, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof and a physiologically acceptable carrier.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.