Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Technetium-99m labeled peptides for imaging|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to radiolabeled imaging of a mammalian body. The invention in particular provides for reagents labeled with technetium-99m for such imaging. The invention provides peptides which bind Tc-99m and which can be targeted to specific sites within a mammalian body.|
|Inventor(s):||Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH), McBride; William (Manchester, NH), Buttram; Scott (Derry, NH)|
|Assignee:||Diatech, Inc. (Londonderry, NH)|
1. A composition comprising a peptide reagent for preparing an imaging agent for imaging target sites within a mammalian body, wherein the peptide reagent is comprised of a
peptide of between 4 and 100 amino acid residues that is covalently attached to a non-Tc-99m complexing Tc-99m complexing moiety comprising a single thiol group, and a stannous ion.
2. A kit for preparing a radiopharmaceutical preparation, said kit comprising a sealed vial containing a predetermined quantity of a peptide reagent according to claim 1 and a sufficient amount of reducing agent to label said compound with Tc-99m.
3. A method for radiolabeling a peptide reagent to prepare an imaging agent for imaging target sites within a mammalian body, wherein the reagent is comprised of a peptide of between 4 and 100 amino acid residues that is covalently attached to a non-Tc-99m complexed Tc-99m complexing moiety comprising a single thiol group, the method comprising reacting the peptide reagent with Tc-99m in the presence of a reducing agent.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the reducing agent is selected from the group of a dithionite ion, a stannous ion, or a solid-phase reducing agent.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein the peptide reagent is reacted with Tc-99m by contacting the peptide with Tc-99m in a reduced form.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein the peptide reagent and the reducing agent are packaged in a vial and reacted with .sup.99m TcO.sub.4 -.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the reducing agent is stannous ion.
8. The method of claim 3 wherein the Tc-99m complexing moiety comprises a single thiol-containing moiety having the formula:
A is H, HOOC, H.sub.2 NOC, --NHOC or --OOC;
B is H, SH, --NHR.sup.3 or --NH--;
X is H, SH, --NHR.sup.3 or --NH--;
R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are independently H or lower straight or branched chain or cyclic alkyl;
n is 0, 1 or 2; and
where B is --NHR.sup.3 or --NH--, X is SH, and n is 1 or 2;
where X is --NHR.sup.3 or --NH--, B is SH, and n is 1 or 2;
where B is H, A is HOOC, H2NOC, --NHOC, --OOC, X is SH, and n is 0 or 1;
where A is H, then where B is SH, X is --NHR.sup.3 or --NH-- and where X is SH, B is --NHR.sup.3 or --NH--;
where X is H, A is HOOC, H.sub.2 NOC, --NHOC, --OOC and B is SH;
where B is SH and X is SH, n is not 0;
and wherein the thiol is in the reduced form and the moiety is covalently linked to the peptide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.