Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Ophthalmic compositions comprising emedastine and methods for their use|
|Abstract:||Topical ophthalmic compositions comprising 1-(2-ethoxyethyl)-2-(4-methyl-1-homopiperazinyl)-benzimidazole and its ophthalmically acceptable acid addition salts have been found to be useful in treating allergic conjunctivitis and related ailments.|
|Inventor(s):||Yanni; John M. (Burleson, TX), Robertson; Stella M. (Arlington, TX), Okumura; Shigetoshi (Nara, JP), Tanaka; Hitoshi (Nara, JP), Saito; Tadayuki (Osaka, JP)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Laboratories, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)|
1. A method for treating allergic conjuctivitis, comprising topically administering to an affected eye an antihistaminic effective amount of a compound selected from the group
consisting of 1-(2-ethoxyethyl)-2-(4-methyl-1-homopiperazinyl)-benzimidazole and its ophthalmically acceptable acid addition salts.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is present at a concentration between about 0.0001 and about 1.0 wt %.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said compound is present at a concentration between about 0.005 and about 0.2 wt %.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said compound is present at a concentration between about 0.05 and about 0.2 wt %.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound comprises the difumarate salt of 1-(2-ethoxyethyl)-2-(4-methyl-1-homopiperazinyl)-benzimidazole.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.