Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to new taxoid-based compositions consisting of solutions of these derivatives in a surface-active agent. These solutions are used for preparing perfusion solutions.|
|Inventor(s):||Bobee; Jean-Marc (Verrieres-le-Buisson, FR), de Lanty; Patrick (Paris, FR), Guerin; Gilles (Eaubonne, FR), Veillard; Michel (Sceaux, FR)|
|Assignee:||Rhone-Poulenc Rorer S.A. (Antony Cedex, FR)|
1. Injectable compositions useful for the preparation of perfusion solutions comprising taxane derivatives, wherein formation of a gelled phase during mixing of the compositions with an
aqueous solution is avoided or wherein any gelled phase formed during mixing of the composition with an aqueous solution can be broken, said composition comprising a solution convenient for storage of said taxane derivatives in a surface active agent
selected from polysorbates, ethylene oxide esters-ethers and fatty acids glycerides, and a water solution of an effective amount of a dilution additive selected from organic compounds having a hydroxyl group an amine functional group and a molecular
weight of less than 200 or sodium chloride.
2. Injectable compositions according to claim 1, wherein the dilution additive is an amino acid.
3. Compositions according to claim 1, wherein the weight ratio between the additive and the surface-active agent is greater than 6%.
4. Compositions according to claim 1, wherein the weight ratio between the additive and the surface-agent is greater than 15%.
5. Compositions according to claim 1, wherein the additive is selected from glucose, glycerol, sorbitol, mannitol, glycine, polyethylene glycols, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol and ethanol.
6. Compositions according to claim 1, wherein the derivative of the class of taxanes is selected from the derivatives of formula (I) ##STR2## in which R represents a hydrogen atom or an acetyl radical, the symbol R.sub.1 represents a terbutoxycarbonylamino or benzoylamino radical.
7. Compositions according to claim 6, wherein in the compound of formula (I) R represents an acetyl group and R.sub.1 represents a benzoylamino radical.
8. Compositions according to claim 6, wherein in the compound of formula (I) R represents hydrogen and R.sub.1 a tert-butoxycarbonylamino radical.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.