Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivatives|
|Abstract:||Monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane neuromuscular blocking derivatives having the formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sub.1 is ethyl; R.sub.2 is methyl or allyl; and X.sup.- is a pharmaceutically acceptable anion; or pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Sleigh; Thomas (Wishaw, GB6), Carlyle; Ian C. (Hamilton, GB6), Muir; Alan W. (Ravenstruther, GB6)|
|Assignee:||Akzo N.V. (Arnhem, NL)|
1. A monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivative having the formula: ##STR4## wherein R.sub.1 is ethyl;
R.sub.2 is methyl or allyl; and
X.sup.- is a pharmaceutically acceptable anion; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivative of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is ethyl, R.sub.2 is allyl and X is a pharmaceutically acceptable anion; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivative of claim 1, wherein X is Br.sup.-.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of the monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivative of claim 1 to effect neuromuscular blocking activity and a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or auxiliary.
5. A method for effecting neuromuscular blocking activity in a patient comprising administering an effective amount of the monoquaternary 2,16-bispiperidinylandrostane derivative of claim 1 to the patient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.