|Title:||Topical preparation for treating otopathy|
|Abstract:||A topical preparation for treating otophathy which contains ofloxacin or a salt thereof as an active ingredient is disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Sato; Kiichi (Ishikawa, JP), Handa; Akira (Tokyo, JP), Kitahara; Takeji (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for treating otopathy which comprises the topical otic administration of an amount of ofloxacin or a salt thereof effective to treat otopathy in a pharmaceutically
acceptable carrier to the area affected with otopathy.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said otopathy is otitis media.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said otopathy is otitis externa.
4. The method of claim 2 wherein the concentration of ofloxacin in the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is about 0.05 to about 2% w/v.
5. The method as claimed in claim 4, wherein the dosage form of ofloxacin is an aqueous solution.
6. The method as claimed in claim 5, wherein the aqueous solution of ofloxacin is applied to the external auditory canal by instillation.
7. The method as claimed in claim 6, wherein the aqueous solution of ofloxacin is intratympanically injected through a puncture of the tympanic membrane.