Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Topical preparation for treating otopathy|
|Abstract:||A topical preparation for treating otophathy which contains ofloxacin or a salt thereof as an active ingredient is disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Sato; Kiichi (Ishikawa, JP), Handa; Akira (Tokyo, JP), Kitahara; Takeji (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for treating otopathy which comprises the topical otic administration of an amount of ofloxacin or a salt thereof effective to treat otopathy in a pharmaceutically
acceptable carrier to the area affected with otopathy.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said otopathy is otitis media.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said otopathy is otitis externa.
4. The method of claim 2 wherein the concentration of ofloxacin in the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is about 0.05 to about 2% w/v.
5. The method as claimed in claim 4, wherein the dosage form of ofloxacin is an aqueous solution.
6. The method as claimed in claim 5, wherein the aqueous solution of ofloxacin is applied to the external auditory canal by instillation.
7. The method as claimed in claim 6, wherein the aqueous solution of ofloxacin is intratympanically injected through a puncture of the tympanic membrane.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.