DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,399,578
|Abstract:||Compounds of the formula ##STR1## in which R.sub.1 is an aliphatic hydrocarbon radical which is unsubstituted or substituted by halogen or hydroxyl, or a cycloaliphatic or araliphatic hydrocarbon radical; X.sub.1 is CO, SO.sub.2, or --O--C(.dbd.O)-- with the carbon atom of the carbonyl group being attached to the nitrogen atom shown in formula I; X.sub.2 is a divalent aliphatic hydrocarbon radical which is unsubstituted or substituted by hydroxyl, carboxyl, amino, guanidino or a cycloaliphatic or aromatic radical, or is a divalent cycloaliphatic hydrocarbon radical, it being possible for a carbon atom of the aliphatic hydrocarbon radical to be additionally bridged by a divalent aliphatic hydrocarbon radical; R.sub.2 is carboxyl which, if desired, is esterified or amidated, substituted or unsubstituted amino, formyl which, if desired, is acetalized, 1H-tetrazol-5-yl, pyridyl, hydroxyl which, if desired, is etherified, S(O).sub.m --R where m is 0, 1 or 2 and R is hydrogen or an aliphatic hydrocarbon radical, alkanoyl, unsubstituted or N-substituted sulfamoyl or PO.sub.n H.sub.2 where n is 2 or 3; X.sub.3 is a divalent aliphatic hydrocarbon; R.sub.3 is carboxyl, 5-tetrazolyl, SO.sub.3 H, PO.sub.2 H.sub.2, PO.sub.3 H.sub.2 or haloalkylsulfamoyl; and the rings A and B independently of one another are substituted or unsubstituted; in free form or in salt form, can be prepared in a manner known per se and can be used, for example, as medicament active ingredients.|
|Inventor(s):||Buhlmayer; Peter (Arlesheim, CH), Ostermayer; Franz (Riehen, CH), Schmidlin; Tibur (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Ciba-Geigy Corp (Ardsley, NY)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##STR10## in which R.sub.1 is alkyl of three to five carbon atoms, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1 which is (S)-N-(1-carboxy-2-methylprop-1-yl)-N-pentanoyl-N-[2'-(1H-tetrazol-5-yl)-b iphenyl-4-ylmethyl]amine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. (S)-N-(1-carboxy-2-methylprop-1-yl)-N-pentanoyl-N-[2'-(1H-tetrazol-5 -yl)-biphenyl-4-ylmethyl]amine.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an antihypertensively effective amount of a compound according to claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 wherein said compound is (S)-N-(1-carboxy-2-methyl-prop-1-yl)-N-pentanoyl-N-[2'-(1H-tetrazol-5-yl)- biphenyl-4-ylmethyl]amine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
6. The method of treating either or both of high blood pressure and cardiac insufficiency in a human which comprises administering thereto an anti-hypertensively effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
7. A method according to claim 6 wherein the compound administered is (S)-N-(1-carboxy-2-methylprop-1-yl)-N-pentanoyl-N-[2'-(1H-tetrazol-5-yl)-b iphenyl-4-ylmethyl]amine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.