Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||3,3-diphenylpropylamines and pharmaceutical compositions thereof|
|Inventor(s):||Jonsson; Nils A. (Sodertalje, SE), Sparf; Bengt A. (Tr.ang.ngsund, SE), Mikiver; Lembit (Jarna, SE), Moses; Pinchas (Saltsjo-Boo, SE), Nilvebrant; Lisbet (Bromma, SE), Glas; Gunilla (Sp.ang.nga, SE)|
|Assignee:||Pharmacia Aktiebolag (Uppsala, SE)|
1. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines of formula I ##STR31## wherein R.sup.1 signifies hydrogen or methyl, R.sup.2, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 independently signify hydrogen, methyl, methoxy, hydroxy,
carbamoyl, sulphamoyl or halogen, and X represents a tertiary amino group of formula II ##STR32## wherein each of R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 independently signifies C.sub.1-6 alkyl, which may be joined to form a non-aromatic ring having no hetero atom other
than the amine nitrogen and each of which may carry a hydroxy substituent, or adamantyl, and wherein R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 together contain at least four carbon atoms, their salts with physiologically acceptable acids and, when the compounds can be in the
form of optical isomers, the racemic mixture and the individual enantiomers.
2. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, wherein at least one of R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl comprising a branched carbon chain.
3. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, wherein X signifies any of the following groups a)-f), each of which may carry a hydroxy substituent: ##STR33##
4. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, selected from the group consisting of the following compounds, their salts with physiologically acceptable acids and, where possible, their racemates and individual enantiomers: N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2-hydroxy-5-methylphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine,N-methyl- N-tert.butyl-3-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3,3-bis-(2-hydroxyphenyl)propylamine, N,N-diisopropyl-3,3-bis-(2-hydroxyphenyl)propylamine, N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2,5-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3-(2,5-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine,N-N-diis opropyl-3-(2-methoxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperdine,(+)-N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2-hydroxy-5-methylph enyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, and N,N-diisopropyl-3-(5-chloro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a 3,3-diphenylpropylamine according to claim 1 and a compatible pharmaceutical carrier.
6. The 3,3-diphenylpropylamines of claim 1 being (+)-isomers.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 5 wherein the 3,3-diphenylpropylamine is present in effective anticholinergic amount.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.