Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
|Title:||3,3-diphenylpropylamines and pharmaceutical compositions thereof|
|Inventor(s):||Jonsson; Nils A. (Sodertalje, SE), Sparf; Bengt A. (Tr.ang.ngsund, SE), Mikiver; Lembit (Jarna, SE), Moses; Pinchas (Saltsjo-Boo, SE), Nilvebrant; Lisbet (Bromma, SE), Glas; Gunilla (Sp.ang.nga, SE)|
|Assignee:||Pharmacia Aktiebolag (Uppsala, SE)|
1. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines of formula I ##STR31## wherein R.sup.1 signifies hydrogen or methyl, R.sup.2, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 independently signify hydrogen, methyl, methoxy, hydroxy,
carbamoyl, sulphamoyl or halogen, and X represents a tertiary amino group of formula II ##STR32## wherein each of R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 independently signifies C.sub.1-6 alkyl, which may be joined to form a non-aromatic ring having no hetero atom other
than the amine nitrogen and each of which may carry a hydroxy substituent, or adamantyl, and wherein R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 together contain at least four carbon atoms, their salts with physiologically acceptable acids and, when the compounds can be in the
form of optical isomers, the racemic mixture and the individual enantiomers.
2. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, wherein at least one of R.sup.5 and R.sup.6 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl comprising a branched carbon chain.
3. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, wherein X signifies any of the following groups a)-f), each of which may carry a hydroxy substituent: ##STR33##
4. 3,3-Diphenylpropylamines according to claim 1, selected from the group consisting of the following compounds, their salts with physiologically acceptable acids and, where possible, their racemates and individual enantiomers: N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2-hydroxy-5-methylphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine,N-methyl- N-tert.butyl-3-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3,3-bis-(2-hydroxyphenyl)propylamine, N,N-diisopropyl-3,3-bis-(2-hydroxyphenyl)propylamine, N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2,5-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-methyl-N-tert.butyl-3-(2,5-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine,N-N-diis opropyl-3-(2-methoxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, N-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperdine,(+)-N,N-diisopropyl-3-(2-hydroxy-5-methylph enyl)-3-phenylpropylamine, and N,N-diisopropyl-3-(5-chloro-2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-phenylpropylamine.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a 3,3-diphenylpropylamine according to claim 1 and a compatible pharmaceutical carrier.
6. The 3,3-diphenylpropylamines of claim 1 being (+)-isomers.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 5 wherein the 3,3-diphenylpropylamine is present in effective anticholinergic amount.