Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Triazole antifungal agents|
|Abstract:||The invention provides antifungal agents of the formula: ##STR1## and their pharmaceutically acceptable salts, wherein R is phenyl optionally substituted by 1 to 3 substituents each independently selected from halo and CF.sub.3 ; R.sup.1 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl; R.sup.2 is H or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl; and "Het", which is attached to the adjacent carbon atom by a ring carbon atom, is selected from pyridinyl, pyridazinyl, pyrimidinyl, pyrazinyl and triazinyl, "Het" being optionally substituted by C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkoxy, halo, CF.sub.3, CN, NO.sub.2, NH.sub.2, --NH(C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkanoyl) or --NHCO.sub.2 (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl).|
|Inventor(s):||Dickinson; Roger P. (Dover, GB2), Richardson; Kenneth (Birchington, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR41## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof, wherein R is chlorophenyl, fluorophenyl, dichlorophenyl or difluorophenyl; R.sup.1
is alkyl having one to four carbon atoms; R.sup.2 is hydrogen or alkyl having one to four carbon atoms; and Het is pyrimidinyl, optionally substituted with a fluoro, chloro, bromo, alkyl having from one to four carbon atoms, alkoxy having from one to
four carbon atoms, trifluoromethyl, nitro, alkanoylamino having from one to four carbon atoms, alkoxycarbonylamino having from two to five carbon atoms, amino or cyano group.
2. A compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
3. A compound of claim 2, wherein R is 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl or 2,4-difluorophenyl and Het is 4-pyrimidinyl
4. A compound of claim 3, which is 2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)-3-(pyrimidin-4-yl)-1-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)butan-2 -ol.
5. A compound of claim 1, wherein the stereoconfiguration is ##STR42##
6. A compound of claim 5, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
7. A compound of claim 6, wherein R is 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl or 2,4-difluorophenyl and Het is 4-pyrimidinyl.
8. A compound of claim 7, which is (2R,3S)-2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)-3-(pyrimidin-4-yl)-1-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl )butan-2-ol.