DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,364,938
|Title:||Triazole antifungal agents|
|Abstract:||The invention provides antifungal agents of the formula: ##STR1## and their pharmaceutically acceptable salts, wherein R is phenyl optionally substituted by 1 to 3 substituents each independently selected from halo and CF.sub.3 ; R.sup.1 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl; R.sup.2 is H or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl; and "Het", which is attached to the adjacent carbon atom by a ring carbon atom, is selected from pyridinyl, pyridazinyl, pyrimidinyl, pyrazinyl and triazinyl, "Het" being optionally substituted by C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkoxy, halo, CF.sub.3, CN, NO.sub.2, NH.sub.2, --NH(C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkanoyl) or --NHCO.sub.2 (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl).|
|Inventor(s):||Dickinson; Roger P. (Dover, GB2), Richardson; Kenneth (Birchington, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR41## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof, wherein R is chlorophenyl, fluorophenyl, dichlorophenyl or difluorophenyl; R.sup.1
is alkyl having one to four carbon atoms; R.sup.2 is hydrogen or alkyl having one to four carbon atoms; and Het is pyrimidinyl, optionally substituted with a fluoro, chloro, bromo, alkyl having from one to four carbon atoms, alkoxy having from one to
four carbon atoms, trifluoromethyl, nitro, alkanoylamino having from one to four carbon atoms, alkoxycarbonylamino having from two to five carbon atoms, amino or cyano group.
2. A compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
3. A compound of claim 2, wherein R is 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl or 2,4-difluorophenyl and Het is 4-pyrimidinyl
4. A compound of claim 3, which is 2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)-3-(pyrimidin-4-yl)-1-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)butan-2 -ol.
5. A compound of claim 1, wherein the stereoconfiguration is ##STR42##
6. A compound of claim 5, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
7. A compound of claim 6, wherein R is 2-chlorophenyl, 2-fluorophenyl, 2,4-dichlorophenyl or 2,4-difluorophenyl and Het is 4-pyrimidinyl.
8. A compound of claim 7, which is (2R,3S)-2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)-3-(pyrimidin-4-yl)-1-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl )butan-2-ol.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.