DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,360,817
|Title:||Derivatives and analogues of 2-deoxy-2,3-didehydro-N-acetyl neuraminic acid and their use as antiviral agents|
|Abstract:||Derivatives and analogues of 2-deoxy-2,3-didehydro-N-acetyl neuraminic acid, pharmaceutical formulations thereof, methods for their preparation .and their use in the treatment of viral infections, in particular influenza, are described.|
|Inventor(s):||von Izstein; Laurence M. (North Fitzray, AU), Wu; Wen-Yang (Mount Waverley, AU), Phan; Tho V. (Carnegie, AU), Danylec; Basil (Box Hill, AU), Jin; Betty (Mount Waverley, AU)|
|Assignee:||Biota Scientific Management Pty Ltd (Melbourne, AU)|
1. A compound of formula (Ib) ##STR22## wherein R.sup.3b is (alk).sub.x NR.sup.6b R.sup.7b, CN or N.sub.3 ; where alk is an unsubstituted or substituted methylene;
x is 0 or 1;
R.sup.6b is hydrogen, C.sub.1-6 alkyl, aryl, aralkyl, amidine, NR.sup.7b R.sup.8b or an unsaturated or saturated ring containing one or more heteroatoms selected from the group consisting of nitrogen, oxygen and sulphur;
R.sup.7b is hydrogen, C.sub.1-6 alkyl, or allyl;
R.sup.8b is hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; and R.sup.4b is NNHCOR.sup.9b where R.sup.9b is hydrogen, substituted or unsubstituted C.sub.1-4 alkyl or aryl;
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or derivative thereof.
2. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.3b is NH.sub.2 or NHC(.dbd.NH)NH.sub.2 .
3. 5-acetamido-4-amino- 2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopyranosonic acid and pharmaceutically acceptable salts and derivatives thereof.
4. Sodium 5-acetamido-4-amino-2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopyrano sonate.
5. 5-ac etamido-4-guanidino-2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopyranos onic acid and pharmaceutically acceptable salts and derivatives thereof.
6. Ammonium 5-acetamido-4-guanidino-2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopy ranosonate.
7. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a compound as claimed in claim 1 as active ingredient together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
8. A pharmaceutical formulation suitable for intranasal administration comprising a compound as claimed in claim 1 as active ingredient together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
9. A pharmaceutical formulation as claimed in claim 7 wherein the active ingredient is 5-acetamido-4-amino-2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopyrano sonic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
10. A pharmaceutical formulation as claimed in claim 7 wherein the active ingredient is 5-acetamido-4-guanidino-2,3,4,5-tetradeoxy-D-glycero-D-galacto-non-2-enopy ranosonic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.