Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Use of purified surface modifiers to prevent particle aggregation during sterilization|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses a composition comprised of nanoparticles having a purified polymeric surfactant as a surface modifier adsorbed on the surface thereof and a cloud point modifier associated therewith, which cloud point modifier is present in an amount sufficient to increase the cloud point of the surface modifier. Preferred purified polymeric surfactants are purified polyalkyleneoxide substituted ethylenediamine surfactants. A preferred cloud point modifier is polyethylene glycol. This invention further discloses a method of making nanoparticles having a purified polymeric surfactant as a surface modifier adsorbed on the surface and a cloud point modifier associated therewith, comprised of contacting said nanoparticles with the cloud point modifier for a time and under conditions sufficient to increase the cloud point of the surface modifier.|
|Inventor(s):||Hollister; Kenneth R. (Chester Springs, PA), Ladd; David (Wayne, PA), McIntire; Gregory L. (West Chester, PA), Na; George C. (Fort Washington, PA), Rajagopalan; Natarajan (Phoenixville, PA), Yuan; Barbara O. (Villanova, PA)|
|Assignee:||Sterling Winthrop Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A composition comprised of 0.1-60% by weight of nanoparticles consisting of therapeutic or diagnostic agent having 0.1-90% by weight of a purified noncrosslinked polymeric surfactant
containing less than 15% impurities as a surface modifier adsorbed on the surface thereof and 0.01-20% by weight of a cloud point modifier associated with said polymeric surfactant and said therapeutic or diagnostic agent.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein said nanoparticles contain a diagnostic agent.
3. The composition of claim 2 wherein said diagnostic agent is the ethyl ester of diatrizoic acid.
4. The composition of claim 1 wherein said purified polymeric surfactant is a purified polyalkyleneoxide substituted ethylenediamine surfactant.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein said cloud point modifier is polyethylene glycol.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein said cloud point modifier increases the cloud point of said surface modifier above 121.degree. C.
7. A method for making the composition of claim 1 comprised of contacting said nanoparticles having said polymeric surfactant adsorbed on the surface thereof with said cloud point modifier.
8. The method of claim 7 further comprising the step of sterilizing said nanoparticle.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein said sterilizing is by steam heat autoclaving.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.